Re: [Debconf-discuss] Unattended laptops

Hi,

On Tue, Jul 3, 2012 at 10:34 AM, Alberto Gonzalez Iniesta
<agi@debian.org> wrote:
>> for the wikipedia impaired, many people in .ni life from less then 2 USD a
>> day, so a laptop will feed an entire family for quite some time...
>
> And, as you may know, only poor people steal.

It was most definitely meant as a suggestion to actually *leave* stuff
unattended in order to support poor people... which I don't think will
get into the campus anyway...

Apart from that, I strongly opinionate against (only)poor=stealing,
also in Germany where we have a slight bit more than 2$/day/person you
absolutely should *never* leave any valuables unattended, and I only
laugh at people who put purses and mobiles up on the table in
bars/restaurants and wonder why they "lose" them.

Most often all around the world, the poor are the most honest and
generous people you can find...
That said, there is probably some poverty-induced crime here, just
Holgers wording was a bit suboptimal. Let's forgive him and hug each
other :)

Henning