Re: [Debconf-discuss] Gobby vs. Etherpad?

On Mon, 1 Aug 2011 11:08:47 +0200
Petter Reinholdtsen <pere@hungry.com> wrote:

> [Csillag Tamas]
> > Because as far as I see titanpad is a propriatory sw that runs on
> > someones server. At the same time gobby is installed on debian
> > servers so we do not rely on a 3rd party.
>
> You should look closer, then.  Etherpad is free software that can be
> installed on any server.  Just use Google to find the source, if you
> do not believe it.
>
> Anyone else got a good explanation why Gobby is prefered over
> Etherpad?

I do not know what dependencies has gobby to install on a server, but etherpad needs sun-java6-jdk [0], so i think this could be a good reason to prefer gobby over etherpad.

Regards,

[0] http://packages.debian.org/squeeze/sun-java6-jdk