Re: [Debconf-discuss] My yelling last night

Hi,

On Sun, Jul 31, 2011 at 08:46:39AM +0200, Wouter Verhelst wrote:
> Just wanted to say that I don't hold a grudge or anything towards the
> people who were talking and having fun and keeping others awake last
> night at 3AM. But I do hope you understand my needing to drive ~1600km
> (that's kilometer, not convertible mark) today requires that I'm at
> least somewhat well-rested, and that was being made impossible by the
> noise outside my room...

It's fully understandable that people want to get some sleep, but as
your yelling was far louder than all of us together, I'd expect that
it made things just worse for others which may have been able to sleep
with the previous level of noise but woke up at that point. :-/

OTOH it was definitely more quiet after your yelling. But I expect
that any not so friendly comment from someone who woke up would have
done that. Yelling was IMHO not necessary.

Hope you arrived fine anyway. :-)

	Kind regards, Axel (who was still working back then and
	doesn't feel guilty, except for waking up Thomas earlier by
	knocking on his room door. :-)
\ /  Say No to HTML in E-Mail and News            | abe@deuxchevaux.org  (Mail)
 X   See http://www.asciiribbon.org/              | abe@noone.org (Mail+Jabber)
/ \  I love long mails: http://email.is-not-s.ms/ | http://noone.org/abe/ (Web)