Re: [Debconf-discuss] mini cheatsheet page for Zagreb airport<->Zagreb central bus station?

On Mon, Jul 11, 2011 at 07:41:57AM +0200, Christian PERRIER wrote:
> Quoting Obey Arthur Liu (arthur@milliways.fr):
>
> > My flight is landing Sunday 24th at 11:45 and I'm hoping to take the
> > 12:30 bus to Banja Luka.
> > Assuming I have a EU passport, only carry-on luggage, credit card,
> > dollars and euros, how tight would it be to clear border control and
> > customs, get some local currency, pick up a taxi, sprint to the Zagreb
> > main station and take the 12:30 bus?
>
> I'd say "close to 0". You need HKR for buses and Airport-Zagreb buses
> have a 15 or 30 minutes schedule and probably take a significant time
> to reach ZAG central station.

He said he's not taking the airport bus but a taxi... but I'd say the
problem is that the flight arrival time might not be precise because summer
Sundays could well be busy. Not having to wait for luggage helps eliminate
one random variable, but then there's always the boring passport check so
you have to get in that line early (that variable will be eliminated
2013-07-01, but that's too late ;).

After that, getting an ATM and picking up a taxi, it's possible to get to
the bus station within 20 minutes (cars can be fast at Sunday noon, the
roads aren't busy at that time). But then there's another chance to get
bogged down if there's a line of people waiting for the bus ticket booths.

So in conclusion I also wouldn't bet on making it.

Also note that it's possible to get a bus ticket at one price with one
carrier, miss that bus, and then you hit a snag - to get the next bus you'd
have to exchange the ticket because that one is by another carrier...
I've no idea about the policy there. It's possible they do it free of
charge, esp. if you upgrade to a more expensive ticket ;) but I wouldn't bet
on it.

--
     2. That which causes joy or happiness.