Re: [Debconf-discuss] DebConf videos on Youtube?

+++ Damyan Ivanov [2011-04-04 12:11 +0300]:
> -=| Adnan Hodzic, Sun, Apr 03, 2011 at 10:34:51PM +0200 |=-
> > > On Sun, Apr 3, 2011 at 10:15 PM, Ben Hutchings
> > > <ben@decadent.org.uk> wrote:
> > > It might be possible to add them to YouTube as well, but I don't
> > > know
> > > how much value that would add.
> >
> > Well, with it being 3 most visited page in whole wide word I predict
> > it wouldn't do any harm for Debian publicity and bringing it to the
> > masses.
>
> I just checked and youtube didn't seem playable with the free gnash
> player. You may see this as a way to promote Debian via youtube, but
> I see it as a way to promote the non-free flash player :/

It works for me with gnash. Not entirely reliably - you sometimes have
to hit 'reload', and there are videos which it seems simply won't play,
but at least 80% do. They do put up a tiresome banner talling you to
upgrade to flash 10, but at least you can close it, and it does still
work with 8/9, unlike so many site that just tell you your flash is
"'too old' - piss off"

Anyone know what the state of actionscript3 support in Free software
is? More and more sites require it.

Wookey
http://wookware.org/