Re: [Debconf-discuss] Trains from Debconf to Munich, Koeln, Paris, London, Cambridge

Erinn Clark writes ("Re: [Debconf-discuss] Trains from Debconf to Munich, Koeln, Paris, London, Cambridge"):
> I'm not sure if this is useful information for you, but I took a
> one-way on DB from Berlin to Zagreb for about 90 euros about a month
> ago. It was on sale, but a 225 euro round-trip seems reasonably
> likely.

The very cheapest special offer singles on the day train Munich-Zagreb
are Eur39, dep Munich 0652 arriving Zagreb 1533.

The sleeper, which I will be taking on the way back, depends on the
quality of accomodation and the number of people.  Here is what seat61
says:

 3. Munich to Zagreb on the Lisinski:
	  In a seat:	 In a couchette 		In the sleeping-car
        	    		6-berth	4-berth		3-berth 2-berth single
  One way	29	 	49 	59 		69 	79  	139
  Return	58 		98 	118 		138 	158 	278

(All the above are the cheapest available special offer fares.)

I will be travelling back on the sleeper departing on Sunday the 31st
of July in the sleeping car, and would be happy to share with 2 or 3
other Debconf attendees.  I will need to know by before the 1st of May
who will be joining me, as that's when bookings open.

On the way out I'll be travelling by myself via Sarajevo.  For those
of you travelling out by train, bookings open around the 22nd of April,
so decisions need to be made soon.

Ian.

See also http://wiki.earth.li/DebconfTravel2011