Re: [Debconf-discuss] Debconf runners: (reminder) how about participate to a local 5K race during DebConf?

Hi there!

On Sat, 2010-07-31 at 15:46 -0400, Christian PERRIER wrote:
> > So, recently, I got in touch with a local group of runners who happen
> > to organize a 5K (K stands for kilometers, not for thousands of
> > dollars in prizes) race every other Thursday not too far from the
> > DebConf venue. And, guess what? They'll have one on Aug 5th, so during
> > DebConf.
[...]
> I met with the VCTC folks this morning and they're enthusiast about
> having some of us participating to their race. One can see this as a
> nice way to do some free software advocacy and have opportunities to
> talk about Debian..:-)
>
> Running in kilt is even possible...and don't be scared: I noticed this
> morning that all kind of runners are over there, so even occasionnal
> runners can easily participate.

Well, in that case I would definitively like to participate... if the
DPL will run in kilt together with us!  Zack, I guess that after being a
pitcher the evening before, running would be even better.  And do not
worry, I am sure someone other from the Debian "cheerleaders" would join
us to share this pleasure.

> I hope that this will not conflict with another DC10 event (I'm
> fearing the group photo) as we'll have to leave no later than 17:45
> (sorry....5:45pm). I apologize in advance to last speakers for that
> day whose talks could be missing some of us.

DCschedule does not show any event after 18:00 for that day, can we add
this event in Penta as well?

  http://penta.debconf.org/dc10_schedule/day_2010-08-05.en.html

Thx, bye,
Gismo / Luca