[Debconf-discuss] DebConf at Columbia

If you've been in Mudd Hall the past few days you might notice the
DebConf[1] group that has taken over your cafeteria and lounge. DebConf
is a conference primarily for developers of Debian GNU/Linux[2], a free
as in freedom (open source) computer operating system. This week and
next week is DebCamp and DebConf, respectively. DebCamp is a smaller
collaborative group working on projects. There is also Debian Day[3]
this Sunday, which is a program open to the broader public.

There are a few attendees, including myself, who are amateur radio
operators. I personally don't have an HT (only a 2m/70cm rig about 20
miles NW of Columbia), but there are hams with HTs too. You might be
able to call them on 144.430 MHz simplex.

Just thought I send an email this way, if it might be in any way
interesting to CUARC. You could also stop by the Carleton lounge and
see if there are any interested Debian hams around.

Dara
KC2QHR

[1] http://debconf10.debconf.org/
[2] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Debian