Re: [Debconf-discuss] Columbia Debian mirror

On Wed, 28 Jul 2010 15:15:39 +0100, Hector Oron <hector.oron@gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear Micah,
>
> On Wed, Jul 28, 2010 at 09:58:26AM -0400, micah wrote:
> > Please consider using mirror.cc.columbia.edu for the duration of
> > Debconf!
>
> IIRC while Debconf at Extremadura all debian.org DNS were hijacked and pointed to a local mirror. Thanks to DSA.
> Would it be useful and/or possible to repeat this setup?

We decided against doing this. We don't have a bandwidth issue that
requires this and we do not have router control to force this to
happen. We could insert a router in between everything, but that is
unnecessary overhead when we have so much network available.