Re: [Debconf-discuss] Columbia Debian mirror

On Wed, Jul 28, 2010 at 03:15:39PM +0100, Hector Oron wrote:

> IIRC while Debconf at Extremadura all debian.org DNS were hijacked and
> pointed to a local mirror. Thanks to DSA.  Would it be useful and/or
> possible to repeat this setup?

I'd vote against it. Though no strong feelings, messing with DNS seems
wrong. In times when everyone is heading for DNSSEC to assure the
validity of DNS responses, we should not deliberately break DNS.

Not taking into account the question of people trying to connect to the
real debian machines (ssh?).

--
mail: adi@thur.de  	http://adi.thur.de	PGP/GPG: key via keyserver