Re: [Debconf-discuss] fonera

On Sun, Oct 11, 2009 at 01:57:18PM +0200, Martín Ferrari wrote:
> On Sun, Oct 11, 2009 at 13:28, Philipp Kern <pkern@debian.org> wrote:
> > I hope you didn't get the one I flashed. ;-)
> According to http://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/DebConf9/LAN#Fonera it is :)

Hehe.

> > Anyway: Just flash it with some other image.  There are instructions on
> > the net on how to flash openwrt.  (Basically connecting it with a cable,
> > waiting for the bootloader to show up, instructing it to use TFTP and
> > passing it an image to flash.)  It's dead easy once you find the right
> > page.  wiki.openwrt.org is down for me at the moment, though.
> OK. I hope that when you mean cable you mean ethernet and not opening
> and soldering a serial console :)

Aye.  I tried flashing a newer kernel and the free driver was unable to
communicate with the wifi chip.

Anyway, if there are questions, feel free to ask me privately.

Kind regards,
Philipp Kern
--
 .''`.  Philipp Kern                        Debian Developer
: :' :  http://philkern.de                         Stable Release Manager