Re: [Debconf-discuss] using OpenPGP notations to indicate keysigning practices

On Wednesday 24 June 2009 16:58:52 Gunnar Wolf wrote:
> Driving licenses are expressly not accepted as official ID documents
> in Mexico, even if they are government-issued.

That just begs the question: official to whom, and why?  Ultimately, the
office clerk, the bar tender, or the key signer will have to use best
judgement whether the evidence produced establishes a link between a person
and an identity.  Of course the bar tender for example might have a legal
framework about what to accept and not to accept.  But I don't think it is
going to be successful to enforce a law like that for key signing.