Re: [Debconf-discuss] DebConf9 reconfirmation period started ; ends 7 June

Jimmy Kaplowitz wrote:
We only want to reimburse people when they actually show up, since it makes no
sense to sponsor someone's travel that they don't actually take for whatever
reason.
That may be reasonable, but I don't remember that policy being agreed -- I think the barrier to 'immediate' reimbursement up till now has been that we've simply never had money available for it. Unfortunately we've tended to be in an uncertain financial position right up to the conference, due to our dependence on sponsorship, which we have often only received late.

--
Moray