[Debconf-discuss] Pictures!

I find it very nice that people have been putting their picture
galleries up on the wiki[0]. However, I find navigating each individual
galleries a pain and I end up not doing it, although I want to. Because
I did not take very many pictures at Debconf, I would like to download a
copy of these photos to enjoy locally. However, this is not trivial,
because things have been uploaded to a number of different photo sharing
services (flickr, picassa, gallery.debconf, personal sites, etc.).

The amount of clicking that would be involved in this process instantly
makes me tired. Even trying to automatically slurp all the photos from
flickr is somehow a pain.

What is a poor photo starved person to do? To me the most ideal thing
would be for everyone to push their original photos up to one
location. Then a nice torrent could be put together for everyone who
wishes to have a copy to jump on. Somehow I think that herding everyone
who has managed to push their links up to the wiki to do this is an
impossible task.

Does anyone have any better ideas?

micah

0. http://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/DebConf9/Pictures