Re: [Debconf-discuss] Please don't upload GPG keys to keyserver when signing them

On Thu, Aug 06, 2009 at 11:19:19AM +0200, Christian Perrier wrote:
> This is a very interesting point. I first began using caff (IIRC,
> after Debconf5 keysigning party) because it makes the work much easier
> for the lazy person that I am.

For signing I use caff as well - it is really comfortable.  But
getting signatures of others into my keyring drains *real* time
(considering that I do not have my key on those machines where I
read my mail).  I'd like to avoid this and I'm happy if people
upload to the keyserver (even if I see no reason to ask them
explicitely to do so because).  I do not think that I have any
means to prevent *anybody* from signing my key and upload to the
keyserver even a person I have never met.  So why should I ask
people I actually have met not to do so if it gives me some
comfort?

Kind regards

      Andreas.

--