Re: [Debconf-discuss] Please don't upload GPG keys to keyserver when signing them

On Thu, Aug 06 2009, Andreas Tille wrote:

> On Thu, Aug 06, 2009 at 09:10:10AM +0200, Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:
>> Personally, I prefer it if people just upload the signatures on my key
>> directly into the keyservers, and I ask the people I sign keys for if
>> it is OK for me to do the same.  It is less work for me, and I am not
>> really worried about the people I sign keys for not controling the
>> email address they claim to have, after seeing them around in the
>> project for a while. :) If you do not believe the person in front of
>> you is telling the truth, I believe it is better to not sign the
>> key. :)
>
> IMHO this thread leads directly to a new meta-information on the
> KSP list:

        This implies that you might have misunderstood the reason behind
 not wanting to upload signed keys to the keyservers.

>    Do you prefer direct upload to keyservers?: yes / no
>
> This should be printed on the list and people could handle accordingly.

        The preference, and the risk, belongs to the signers, not the
 signee.

        manoj
--
"If it's not loud, it doesn't work!" Blank Reg, from "Max Headroom"