Re: [Debconf-discuss] [Debconf-announce] Switching nametags

Stephen Gran writes ("[Debconf-announce] Switching nametags"):
> We have been notified that some people have switched name tags.
> Presumably, this is all in good fun and not being done maliciously.
> Unfortunately, this is also how we account who has sponsored food and
> accommodation and so on, so while amusing, this isn't helpful.  If you
> are noticed doing this, the good people watching the door to the
> cafeteria have been instructed not to let you enter for food until you
> have the right name tag on.

Also, the way conference namebadges stop bad people coming into
conference is this:
 - everyone knows that everyone present is supposed to have a badge
 - if a bad person steals a badge, then people who know the name
    on the stole badge will notice that something is wrong.

Or to put it another way if I go down the corridor and see someone
wearing Steve McIntyre's badge who is not Steve, I will call the
conference organisers and we will have them thrown out.

Ian.