Re: [Debconf-discuss] Thanks for the day trip!

On Tue, 28 Jul 2009 00:12:44 +0200, Joerg Jaspert wrote
> >> The day trip was excellent. Kudos to the organizers!
> > Agreed, but we would be even happier joining a day trip which could be
> > excellent for all DC attendees.
> > http://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/DebConf9/Accessibility#Day_trip
>
> We have done as much as we can for people that aren't having it as easy
> as most of the attendees. The hike option was clearly not made for a
> wheelchair (but I know that blind people had been on it and enjoyed
> it!). For that there was a second option, which a number of other
> people also chosed to take, going to a different naturl swimming
> pool / recreational area.
>
> There also had been a discussion with Otavio during the days before the
> daytrip. For exact details what was discussed ask him and or faw, as
> they had it.
>
> >From *my* viewpoint we did try as much as we can to have an option open,
> but there is only so much the orga can do for a minority.

I'm not publicly criticizing orga team. You have been doing a good work and
things are going very well here. Yes, I asked otavio about it before writing
that email, and noted he was very unhappy with the situation.

It's not the right way/place to discuss it anyway, so sorry about that. Let's
try to properly address this issue for next DCs.

Regards,

--
Tiago Bortoletto Vaz
http://tiagovaz.org