Re: [Debconf-discuss] Paying Renfe with VISA (was: How to get the "web" rate for Madrid... )

On Sat, Jun 27, 2009 at 10:04:46PM +1200, Andrew McMillan wrote:
> I had some problems trying to buy my tickets with my Mastercard too, but
> when I went back a few hours later it worked.  I figured it was just
> failing a timeout getting authorisation from my bank.  The RTT from New
> Zealand to Europe is such that that sort of thing is not unusual.

I can assure that I tried from different network connections (to
make sure that not some stupid proxy / content filter is influencing
things) and on different hours / days / weeks with always the same
result.  Wait - when I did my last try I was not even able to reach
the paying site - the form refused my passport number. :-((((

Are we really in Europe in year 2009?  Why do I think calling a
penguin in Antarctica and asking him for a lift to the next penguin
colony might be easier than booking a bus ticket via web form?

Kind regards

      Andreas.

--
http://fam-tille.de