Re: [Debconf-discuss] using OpenPGP notations to indicate keysigning practices

martin f krafft <madduck@debconf.org> writes:

> I will always challenge the "government-issued ID" due to the vastly
> differing standards across the globe, but "travel document" is
> actually a term that someone uttered earlier, which raises the bar a
> lot higher.

For example, I think US drivers' licenses are only verifiable by someone
who's lived in that state or otherwise seen drivers' licenses from that
state.  I really dislike seeing people use them at key signings and
would rather see people use passports.  I suspect you're going to see a
ton of them in the 2010 Debconf key signing, though, since a lot of
people in the US simply never bother to get a passport.