Re: [Debconf-discuss] DebConf9 reconfirmation period started ; ends 7 June

On Tue, May 26, 2009 at 10:14:16AM +0200, Stefano Zacchiroli wrote:
> Then it is probably _the_ good moment to dedicate some of the debian
> money reserves to debconf specifically for enabling sponsorships that
> would otherwise not be possible.
>
> I'm confident contacts among the orga team and the DPL about this were
> already ongoing, but it seemed silly not to mention that possibility
> in this thread.

Not only has the DPL been contacted, he's also on the DebConf orga team and is
well aware of the option to use some of Debian's reserves. No final decisions
have been made in that regard and I'm not the DPL so I'll leave any further
comment on that to Steve.

Speaking as DebConf10 localteam lead, I will say that it would be nice if DC10
has some seed money to pay early expenses with after DC9 finances are
completed, but there are several ways to attain that goal and I think we'll be
able to manage regardless given how early we're starting on local and funding
issues for DC10.

- Jimmy Kaplowitz
jimmy@debian.org