Re: [Debconf-discuss] DebConf10 to take place in New York City, USA

I hope not steal our computers and our lives

Petter Reinholdtsen escribió:
[Martin F Krafft]
Hello, world.deb

The DebConf committee decided that DebConf10, the Debian developer
conference of 2010, will take place in New York City, USA.

I find this to be sad news.  I will not visit USA as long as they
threat visitors the way they do, with forced fingerprint collecting,
massive invasion in privacy (their visa application process is
unacceptable, and their collection of travel related information too),
enforcing crazy laws (DMCA and others) on foreight soil and kidnapping
visitors and shipping them off to be tortured in countries ignoring
the human rights even more than USA does (Maher Arar being the most
known victim of this).  This of course mean I will not visit debconf
10. :(

On the positive side, I hope to get to Spain for Debconf9 this summer,
and look forward to seeing you all there. :)

Happy hacking,