[Debconf-discuss] VoIP @ DC8

Hi,

If you want to know about the VoIP setup at DC8, look here:

   http://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/DebConf8/VoIP

The short version is that we have a local VoIP PBX that can make calls to
many of the world's landlines free of charge, and that the rest of the
call charges are small enough so that I don't mind covering the cost.
If you're calling somewhere a bit off the beaten track, please check
the tariffs here, and avoid making hour-long calls to places like Cuba.

   http://www.voipcheap.com/en/calling-rates.html

The Black Snom360 phone (currently in the 7th floor HackLab) is available
for those of you that would like to use it.  Just dial 00 followed by
country code and phone number, as normal (even for Argentinian numbers --
you're effectively calling from the UK)

All attendees have been assigned an extension, based on your debconf
login name, or something close, such that it is a 1 followed by 4 numbers.
e.g. my extension is 1-PHIL or 17445 -- go to the first link above to
find yours.

It is possible (although perhaps pointless) to get incoming calls. The
number is currently in Edinburgh, but we can cheerfully add more, so if
you want to add another SIP account to the list, have  chat with me.

For more details, check the wiki page -- if anything's not clear, as me,
and we'll update the wiki to clarify.

Cheers, Phil.