Re: [Debconf-discuss] Schedule for DebConf8

On Fri, 1 Aug 2008, Joerg Jaspert wrote:

we (finally) released the schedule for the upcoming Debian Conference in
Argentina. You can find it at [1] or, in case you do not have a
Pentabarf account you can find it at [2]

Note that this schedule only shows events for which we surely know the
speakers are actually attending the conference. In case you submitted an
event and think it should appear there, please re-check if you selected
to attend the conference - and also reconfirmed your attendance.
If you have trouble with this feel free to contact me off-list and we
will sort it out.

Thanks to Jörg who volunteered to announc ethe schedule while I was on
VAC (actually traveling in Argentina).  I would like to make you aware that
schedule was heavily overworked in the last two days.  Please take my
apologies for "Germanising" or "Grandfatherising" the schedule by choosing
9:00 as starting time (well, people seem to call this "just after midnight"
here in Argentina - I had to learn this first).  ;-)

So the schedule was adapted better to the schedule of food and starts at
10:00.  There are three groups of slots per day:

    1.  3 Slots (10:00 - 13:00)
    -   Lunch
    2.  2 Slots (15:00 - 17:00)
    -   Coffee break
    3.  3 Slots (18:00 - 21:00)

While shifting the times I did a general review of the schedule and
decided to move some talks around to fit better to the topics of the
other talks of the day.  Please make sure you check the schedule again.

Speakers: Please make sure your event shows up at the schedule!
(See links below)

Several events which were originally scheduled for the smaller room
(Microcine) were moved to the main talk room to avoid moving people
without a real need.  The drawback might be that events intended to be
a BoF for a smaller audience might be somewhat crowded.  We are aware
of this situation.  If this should be a real problem - just talk to
us.  The rooms are quite close and a switch should be no real problem.
In any case we have to make sure that the video team will be informed
right in time (= 1 day before).

For those who are interested in holding a presentation (perhaps something
interesting was done in DebCamp or something like that) just register
an event in Penta (every attendee should have an account - so no further
explanation should be needed).  Once you have done so just write an
email mentioning the event ID (the number at the end of the URL) to

      <schedule@debconf.org>

and ask for putting it onto the schedule.  Mentioning a time which you
prefer for scheduling is fine (and actually helps).  So take this as
an explicite call for participation / sharing your knowledge and taking
part in making DebConf even better than it promises to become.

Thanks for your attention

     Andreas Tille (scheduling team member)

[1] https://penta.debconf.org/penta/schedule/dc8
[2] https://penta.debconf.org/dc8_schedule/