Re: [Debconf-discuss] ATMs and money in Argentina

Hola Andreas Tille!

> I do not know about Argentina, but when traveling in Europe I
> noticed that actually VISA costs extra fee but my "EC card"
> (Maestro??) worked without fee always.

We have Maestro and Electron (from Visa) as EC cards over here. The ATM
networks are called Red Link and Banelco (our cards have both logos in one
card).

I have no idea about how much each things costs, just to let you know the
names you'll see around Argentina.

> I guess there is no other way to find this out than verifying your bank
> account at home and come back to Argentina later with better knowledge
> what might be the cheaper option.

You might be able to check this with your bank locally, I really suggest
that everybody tries, just to avoid nasty surprises.  Also, requesting
a "Last movements" ticket from the ATM might help you know how much you are
charged (or not, depending when the fee is applied).

--
 Bezitos,
     Maggie.