Re: [Debconf-discuss] BOF "Best practises in team-maintaining packages, part 2" - protocol

On Mon, Aug 18, 2008 at 11:38:58AM +0200, Jonas Smedegaard wrote:
> > zack: We are not allowed to generate debian/control
> This is not entirely true.

ACK, and I actually know/use it :-)

I in fact pointed out, see the video, that it is not allowed during
normal builds to generated debian/control on the fly, as this practice
has been discouraged by ftp (or buildd?) teams a while ago.

FWIW I do use CDBS extensions in the ocaml.mk class to generate
debian/control when specifically requested by the package maintainer.

Cheers.

--
Stefano Zacchiroli -*- PhD in Computer Science \ PostDoc @ Univ. Paris 7
I'm still an SGML person,this newfangled /\ All one has to do is hit the