Re: [Debconf-discuss] [Debconf-announce] dear speakers, 2

On Mon, 2008-08-11 at 15:28 -0300, Andreas Tille wrote:
> 2008/8/11 Holger Levsen <holger@layer-acht.org>:
> > please set your laptops resolution to 1024x768, otherwise your screen will be
> > surrounded by a black border on the stream and the recordings.

I've got 1024x768 and initially the laptop didn't send a signal - a
reboot was needed. :-(

After the reboot with the cable attached, I'm able to disconnect and
reconnect without problems.

> I always like requests which say: Please do this and that but there is no hint
> hwo to do so.  I just prepared the following script which was tested on my
> Laptop:
>
> #!/bin/sh
> if [ "$1" = "off" ] ; then
>     xrandr --output LVDS --mode 1280x800 --auto
>     xrandr --output VGA --off
> else
>     xrandr --output LVDS --mode 1024x768 --auto
>     xrandr --output VGA --mode 1024x768 --auto
> fi

Nothing I do with xrandr has any effect whatsoever on the actual image
displayed which is cropped at the left and right edges by just enough to
stop the paragraphs being readable.

$ xrandr --verbose --output VGA --mode 1280x800 --auto
screen 0: 320x200 84x52 mm  96.09dpi

$ xrandr --verbose --output VGA --mode 1024x768 --auto
screen 0: 320x200 84x52 mm  96.09dpi

Using the overscan button on the remote also has no effect on the
display.

--

Neil Williams