Re: [Debconf-discuss] List of all submitted events

On 11287 March 1977, Andreas Tille wrote:
> On Wed, 6 Feb 2008, Joerg Jaspert wrote:
>> [1] https://penta.debconf.org/penta/submission/dc8/all_events

> Is there any reason that you have to be logged in to see this
> information?

It is only a list so people can coordinate with the talks and see what
else got submitted before they submit something on their own.

It is also within the submission controller, the only place where it is
sensible, at the current phase of the conference. And that controller
does need a login, it wont work without.

> I admit last year I was bored by the need to log in into penta to see
> several pages that yould be perfectly open for the public.  Would you
> mind changing this policy?

Yes. Well, at least stuff that is within the submission controller. As
that would require a rewrite of it.

We will provide a schedule for everyone whenever we decided on events,
and that will be accessible without a login. (Unless you want to use the
feature and subscribing to events, so you can download pda ready, ical,
whatever-cal files, that of course needs a login).

But feel free to write a little request to pentabarf@debconf.org (hits
our request tracker), so we keep in mind to look at this issue and free
up pages if it works.

--
bye Joerg
>D. You've just heard about this great program and would like to package
>it, what are your next steps?
I would start off by sighing deeply and wishing I were already a DD. :-)
[...]
If I were already a DD, I would perform most of these same steps.  I
would omit the deep sigh and replace it with a gasp of excitement,[...]