Re: [Debconf-discuss] pentabarf host access

On Sun, Jan 28, 2007 at 02:14:40AM +0100, Joerg Jaspert said:
> Hi
>
> as you may have read some time ago we got a group of people together who
> work on our pentabarf (the conference management software). That took a
> huge amount of load away from me, as I am basically only the one who
> needs to sync the fixes from svn to the host where our install runs, the
> real work of coding is done by other people.
>
> Now, this still depends a lot on me, which is something I try to
> minimize, its better when others are able to do work too. So my *long*
> term plan is to give other(s) the rights to do that point. Currently the
> best candidate for that is Torsten Werner who is doing all the coding
> for our changes to pentabarf, but read on.

I have often noticed that the conservative nature of good system
administration is at odds with the impulses brought on by programming.
This is not to say anything at all about you or Torsten, just to mention
that a good backup (or lead) sysadmin does not necessarily need to come
from the programmer world.  You probably are looking for someone who you
feel shares a similar conservative nature (control freak, etc).  Once
you find that person, it's easy to pass some responsibilities on.  Until
you do, I have no good advice, sorry :(
|  Stephen Gran                  | The major sin is the sin of being born. |
|  steve@lobefin.net             | -- Samuel Beckett                       |