Re: [Debconf-discuss] Re: [Debconf-announce] Announcement from the DebConf Organisational team

Joerg Jaspert <joerg@ganneff.de>
> This thread is just too long.

At the time of writing, I see four posts in this thread.
Yes, maybe that's four too many: no-one should have to ask
the team not to hide problems behind oblique announcements.

> How about letting this thing die? There is
> no message since days that had anything useful, it looks like flaming
> for flaming fun, nothing that gets anything anywhere anymore.

This thing apparently won't die by ignoring it.  Ever heard
the expression "nature abhors a vacuum"?  I feel the debconf
organisation team can help by leading and plugging the gap.

> We were there, we know what happened, we had the decision taken in the
> orga team (and then DAMs) and I dont see a reason to change it. Stop the
> mailing, go to work or to drink or to whatever you like.

I wasn't there, I didn't see what happened or how you made the
decision in the orga team, but, from the data I've collected,
I don't understand why the organisers want to hide and prolong
the agony.

I've sent a handful of emails on this.  Me stopping mailing won't
stop the discussion any time soon, but you mailing a few might.
I humbly suggest the Communication mini-HOWTOs mentioned at
debconf: http://people.debian.org/~enrico/dcg/ch02s05.html

Anyway, there's the request - the team answer is up to the team.

> Note: Thats my personal option, nothing from any official position I may
> have for a random reason!

Noted.  Likewise,
--
MJR/slef