Re: [Debconf-discuss] Prepaid Phonecard?

Florian Reitmeir dijo [Wed, Apr 26, 2006 at 08:54:36PM +0200]:
> Hello,
>
> how much does a Prepaid Mobile Phonecard cost? Are there any major
> differencies? And how/where to get them..
>
> I'm from Austria/Germany so a card for my GSM-Cellphone which is cheap to
> phone home .. would be nice.
>
> Here in the EU the prepaid cards can't be used to call into foreign countries,
> how is this handled in mexico?

Hi,

You can buy a Telcel GSM card upon arrival at the Mexico City airport,
just specify it should be for the Oaxtepec/Cuautla area code (735). It
costs MX$150 and has MX$75 in credit (and can, of course, be
recharged). You will have to show your boarding pass and passport to
be able to buy at the Telcel shop at the airport.

Quoting from [1]:

    At the airport you will find a Telcel VIP office, there you can
    buy a SIM card (ask for OAXTEPEC area, area code 735), the cost is
    MX$150.00 ($75 pesos of calls included). This office is located in
    the first floor, in the hall C, behind the 'Exhibition Center'
    (Centro de exposiciones), marked in the map as -Telcel(mobil)-, it
    opens from 7:00 am to 22:00 everyday. Tel. 5786 9295 National
    coverage includes Oaxtepec. Services availables: TDMA, GSM, GPRS.

The map it mentions is:

http://media.debconf.org/dc6/images/airport/airport_map.png

Greetings,

[1] http://wiki.debian.org/DebConf6AboutMexico