Re: [Debconf-discuss] bus schedule from airport

Matt Zagrabelny dijo [Tue, Apr 25, 2006 at 08:52:35AM -0500]:
> from the following debconf page
> https://debconf6.debconf.org/comas/attendees/new
>
> Arrival time:
> yyyy-mm-dd hh:mm. It is important to note the hour at which you will be
> arriving to the airport, so people can arrange to meet with you and come
> together to Oaxtepec, and we can guess when you will arrive to the
> hotel.
>
> does this mean that the local team will try to meet people at the
> airport to organize bus rides or anything like that? or is the debconf
> organizers going to post a somewhat complete schedule of attendees so we
> can see who else will be arriving to the MEX airport at the same time?

Hi Matt,

We will try to have people at the airport with large, visible Debconf
signs, at least so they can guide you a bit on how to go to
Debconf. I think/hope somebody will be also waiting at the bus station
during the peak days to give you proper orientation - Maybe even drive
you from one point to the other. We have to arrange all this - We will
inform you.

But the purpose of this request is also to provide the information to
fellow travelers - If you arrive at hh:mm and I arrive at hh:mm+30,
probably it will be good for you to wait for me, so we can split the
taxi bill and chat a bit on the bus. Of course, the more the merrier
- If seven people arrive +- at the same time, it will make sense to
get a straight taxi from the airport to Oaxtepec (see [1]). Faster,
more comfortable, and more 1337!

Greetings,

[1] http://wiki.debian.org/DebConf6BestWayFromAirportEnglish

PGP key 1024D/8BB527AF 2001-10-23