Re: [Debconf-discuss] Vive Latino 2006 - Mexico City, May 13rd/14th

David Moreno Garza wrote:
> Hello people,
>
> During the DebConf, Vive Latino 2006[1] festival will be held in Mexico
> City. This is the one of the biggest and most important rock festivals
> in Latin America (together with Colombia's Rock al Parque[2] and
> Argentina's Cosquín Rock[3]) with an attendance last year of 60'000
> persons only in one day. This year's Vive Latino will be held in two
> days (note that you are not allowed to camp in the venue, this is not
> common on festivals here).

Just to give more information about this for the people asking it: The
festival will be held on the Foro Sol[1] venue, located on the oriental
part of the city, quite near to the airport, just in front of Palacio de
los Deportes. The nearest metro station is Cd. Deportiva[2]. You can
view a complete map of the metro stations at [3].

The festival starts at 11 am, both on Saturday and Sunday and last until
11 or 12 pm, but of course you can get there anytime you want.

Vive Latino 2005 was attended by around 60'000 people on only one day.
On 2006 the organizers are aiming to gather 100'000 persons in both
days, which will be, absolutely, madness if they achieve it.

Also, if somebody is arriving quite early and is interested, Depeche
Mode will be performing[4] on Mexico City on the 4th and 5th, May.

1: http://www.ticketmaster.com.mx/foros/detalle.asp?id=63
2: http://www.metro.df.gob.mx/red/estacion.html?id=121
3: http://www.damog.net/files/docs/red-metro.pdf
4: http://www.ticketmaster.com.mx/eventos.asp?searchname=DEPECHE_MODE_EN_CONCIERTO&cat=conciertos

I'm sorry if most of this information is in Spanish.

--
David Moreno Garza <damog@damog.net>   |  http://www.damog.net/
		   <damog@debian.org>  |          GPG: C671257D