Re: [Debconf-discuss] Mexican water

Ted Walther wrote:
> Many years ago, when working in Mexico, I was taught to squeeze lime
> juice on and in everything, and prefer drinking beer and wine to water.

I was told sometime by someone (I'm sorry I'm used to forget things)
that squeezing lemon to food is not helping killing any bacteria on
food. If you eat dirty tacos in the street you will be thrown directly
to the bathroom for a couple of days. Or maybe not. Even if you put
lemon on it or not.

> Drinking water, avacado, tacos, everything.  It must have worked; I
> never got sick.  Agua de arros and agua tamarindo seemed to be fine
> without lime being added.  Or you can drink the very popular coca cola;
> that has surely been sterilized.

Agua de arros? Do you mean 'arroz'? Do you mean horchata? Agua de
tamarindo is also nice. Some also should try the spicy tamarindo candy.

> >Well, a lifetime? We are not used to the bacteria, we are used to being
> >careful. Every now and then we also get sick. And so do you, with the
> >Florida bacteria ;-)
>
> What does "being careful" mean?

Not eating something that could be dirty or extremely spicy.

--
David Moreno Garza <damog@damog.net>   |  http://www.damog.net/
		   <damog@debian.org>  |          GPG: C671257D