Re: [Debconf-discuss] Authorized items to bring in Mexico (initially in -team)

On Mon, Apr 10, 2006 at 07:58:07AM +0200, Christian Perrier wrote:

> I would then recommend to people coming with TWO laptops to get
> information whether this is allowed or not.

I'm pretty sure it isn't, as in most countries.  The exemptions are for
items of personal use, and it's not generally believable that someone needs
two laptops for personal use.

If you're taking them both out of the country again when you leave, there's
probably a way to not have to pay duty on them.  If you're planning on
leaving one in the country, you almost certainly have to pay duty.