Re: [Debconf-discuss] Re: DebConf7: registration and call for papers

On 10853 March 1977, Andreas Tille wrote:

> I do not really remember whether I really got a mail with the
> activation URL (but I think this step was fine).  What definitely
> did not worked was to fill out the form.  Because two weeks ago I
> I had no time to track down and report the problem I wanted to login
> today again.
> It seems that I forgot my password or that I do not remind whether
> I have to use my name or e-mail-adress as login.  At least I'm just
> unable to log in and I can not find a way to get help with forgotten
> password.  Can you help me to login?

Right. You created your account and already activated it. The account
name is tille. Pentabarf then disallowed you to create it again.
If you dont remember the password please go to
   https://penta.debconf.org/user/forgot_password
where you can reset it.

I now also changed the page that gets displayed if a user tries to
create an account with an existing name or mail address, should help
users a bit more now.

> Moreover I attach a screenshot from Galeon displaying Penta.  I
> have to admit that I see no reason to use tools that explicitely
> require "recent versions of Gecko-based browsers".  Galeon 2.0.2
> is not that outdated that it would not support a rich set of features
> and it uses the Gecko engine.  My guess is that browsers like
> konqueror, opera and others (;-)) might have even more problems.
> I would consider it a bad idea to set such kind of restrictions
> to the browser of the users.

Yeah, unfortunately not all browsers are capable of displaying a
perfectly valid page. :()

--
bye Joerg
<Keybuk> one imagines he'll be campaigning with a grass-roots "free auric"