Re: [Debconf-discuss] Re: Please revoke your signatures from Martin Kraff's keys

Javier Fernández-Sanguino Peña escribió:
> Also worth noting that Spanish driving license IDs are on that group. They
> are just (pink) cardboard with your name written in with a typewriter and
> your picture *stapled* to it. I believe that has changed now (last year?) and
> driving licenses now look more "official" (plastic cards)

Also, for everyone's information, valid ID's in Venezuela are the
"Cedula de Identidad", the national ID card, which currently has three
valid versions, and the Passport. People usually don't carry their
passport on the streets, only the Cedula, which is needed for payments
with debit or credit cards, sometimes is needed when buying anything
with cash, it's askeable by the police, and all the stuff.

1) A plastic-covered photograph paper with the title "Republica de
Venezuela Cedula de Identidad" in green and blue, and the coat of arms
as a yellow fingerprint. Text in the paper is typewrited and you can see
the Kodak paper fingerprint on the back. You won't find this from 2009
in advance.

2) A plastic-covered photograph paper with the title "Republica
Bolivariana de Venezuela Cedula de Identidad" in yellow, blue and red,
and the coat of arms as a yellow fingerprint. Text in the paper is
typewrited and you can see the Kodak paper fingerprint on the back.
There's a relief with the coat of arms in the plastic covering. You
won't find this from 2015 in advance.

3) A plastic-covered paper with the title "Republica Bolivariana de
Venezuela Cedula de Identidad". Text in the paper is computer-written,
and the paper is money-like (i.e., has security fibers)

However, I didn't show this ID at the Debconf (well, only at request)
because of the lameness of the security on it. I showed my passport (of
which there are three versions, being the one I carried the latest and
US-approved of all)

1) Blue or red passport stating "Republica de Venezuela", written by
hand or in a typewriter. Photograph is usually stapled or glued over a
plastic protection. Most inscriptions are illegible. Most likely the
photograph will be 10 or 15 years old, and it has several "upgrades"
with proofs of payment and new photographs with a seal over them. I have
one of this (which isn't valid anymore) and has two photographs, the
first when I was 3 years old and the second when I was 14.

2) Red passport stating "Republica Bolivariana de Venezuela" or
"Comunidad Andina Republica Bolivariana de Venezuela", with a
US-compliant first page which is machine-readable, with a hi-res printed
photograph, signature, fingerprints and all the validity information
needed for a KSP.

Just to note, the "Comunidad Andina" passports (like mine) are valid
even if our Country actually withdraw from this Community. Anyway, most
likely we'll be getting "Mercosur" passports soon.

I also showed my University ID card which seems to be a completely valid
ID in Mexico (I didn't carry my passport around, and made all the
payments and ID check at the museums using this ID card) and my
Government ID card on demand (only one people demanded to see that when
they saw a user ID stating a gob.ve)

Hope this is useful,
Jose