Re: [Debconf-discuss] washing clothes at the vaction complex

> Do we need to bring towels?  Blankets?  Will we be able to take showers

In third world hotels, you're expected to bring your own towels and
blankets. Bringing a tent is also recommended because rooms are
actually a square of grass in a prairie where mexican bulls use to be feeded.

> for free?  Is the running water restricted to certain times of day?

Water is available in Cuernavaca, the capital of the Morelos state, so a few
dozens kilometers away from Oaxtepec. All mexican state capitals have
public showers in the streets, available for inhabitants of other
cities who are used to come by bus and have a monthly shower in the
capital city.

This is actually the reason that explains the mexican love for hot
food which reduces the olfactive sensitivity of people.

We might imagine a collective shower from the whole Debian crowd on
one day during the conference, preferrably during the tourist day.

> What sort of telephone service is available?  Can we make international
> calls or do we have to bring our own cell phones?

I've been told that the Mexican telephone company did install a public
phone in Oaxtepec, which allows calling all around the Morelos
state. For people needing to call outside the Morelos state, a very
cheap tam-tam service is provided by the grocery close to the hotel.