[Debconf-discuss] Re: New user registered for DebConf6 - Hot and Spicy (388)

Michael Dorrington dijo [Sun, Apr 02, 2006 at 02:34:03PM +0100]:
> I've booked my flight now and entered the details into my debconf account.
>
> I'm arriving on Friday 5th May, is this okay or do I need to arrange my
> own accomodation for that night?

Hi,

Yes, on the night of Friday 5th you have to arrange it on your own, as
our contract with the hotel starts on the 6th. Look at the last part
of [1], you will probably want to sleep in Mexico City rather than
having an extra trip on your back that very same day.

> I want to be involved with the debian-installer at the DebCamp, what do
> I need to do, just turn up?

Hmh... That's not for me to answer - I'm sending copy of this mail to
debconf-discuss, I suppose you can arrange with the d-i people there.

> I want to use my laptop, its a Dell and the power supply says
> INPUT: 100-240V ~ 1,5A
>        50-60Hz
> Do you think I could use it just with a plug adapter in Mexico?

Yes, it's identical to mine. Current here is nominally (depending on
whom you ask) 110 or 127V, 60Hz. Most laptops nowadays (and nowadays
spans at least a decade ;-) ) can be plugged in all over the world,
given the proper physical connection - In Mexico we have basically
type A and B plugs [2].

> Are any/all talks, etc going to be in Spanish?  If so, will they be
> translated to English on the fly?

Basically everything, except for the Debian Day which is targetted at
locals, will be in English.

Greetings,

[1] http://wiki.debian.org/DebConf6BestWayFromAirportEnglish

[2] http://users.pandora.be/worldstandards/electricity.htm