ipw2100 & ifupdown success (was: 802.1x woes)

I just got wireless working for ipw2100. In the following I assume
you have wireless-tools, wpasupplicant, dhcp3-client, and iproute
installed. I also use the 1.1.0 ipw2100 driver with latest firmware,
and a 2.6.12 kernel.

$ cat /etc/default/wpasupplicant
ENABLED=1
OPTIONS="-w -i eth0 -D ipw"

$ cat /etc/network/interfaces
[...]
iface eth0 inet manual
  wireless-mode managed
  wireless-essid debconf
  wireless key open ffffffffff
  pre-up ip link set $IFACE up
  up /etc/init.d/wpasupplicant start
  up dhclient $IFACE
  down kill $(cat /var/run/dhclient.pid)
  down /etc/init.d/wpasupplicant stop
  post-down ip link set $IFACE down

Enjoy.

invalid/expired pgp subkeys? use subkeys.pgp.net as keyserver!
spamtraps: madduck.bogus@madduck.net

when everything is coming your way, you're in the wrong lane.