Re: CAcert assurance at Debconf

Micah Anderson wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I, and I suppose others who are attending Debconf, am authorized by
> CACert (see below for more info) to provide identity verification
> assurances of people through CAcert's Assurance Programme.

Excellent -- I'd definitely like to get some points on my ID.

> 1. Make sure you have a CAcert identity (you probably already have
> one, but I will need to know the email address that you used for your
> CAcert identity)
> 2. Make a copy of your IDs, and print the assurance form
> (https://www.cacert.org/docs/CAP.pdf) and fill out
> the applicant's portion

That URL doesn't seem to work, but you can log in, click on "CAcert Web of
Trust" and then the WoT form, which has the applicants details filled in.

> 3. Bring your ID and the copies of your ID and the assurance form

On the form, it says "As the assurer, ... you do not need to retain copies
of ID at all." --- what was the reason for needing copies of ID?

Cheers, Phil.