Re: Discussing problems at DebConf

Hi,

On Wednesday 06 July 2005 14:46, martin f krafft wrote:
> also sprach Andreas Tille <tillea@rki.de> [2005.07.06.1244 +0200]:
> > We have to face (at least) the following flavours of growth:
> >    5. Number of users
> This is where Ubuntu comes in.

??

Do you mean, Debian now has less users because of Ubuntu ? (And you think this
is good or bad ?)

IMHO the list brought up by Andreas Tille is not really useful, because there
are more aspects than quantity. And there are also lots of missing aspects,
like nowadays you dont need any non-free software anymore (provided you use
the "right" hardware and some other requirements like your specific needs),
this has been different a few years ago when we relied on netscape, acrobat,
kde (qt was non-free)...

The same goes for number of packages, architectures or even bugs. The more of
those also means the better (not in all but certainly in some aspects.)

Of course, growth brings some problems. But it also comes with more
(wo)menpower and more solutions...

I dont see growth as a bad thing per se.

regards,
	Holger