Re: Mosquitos in Finland during summer

On Thu, May 05, 2005 at 07:38:39PM +0200, Christian Perrier wrote:
> To my knowledge, mosquitos are being quite rude in various places in
> Scandinavia and especially Finland (they are also well know to be very
> aggressive in so-called Baltic countries as well).
>
> My own son has hard knowledge of them after two weeks spent near
> Rovaniemi. He bringed back two quite interesting legs (OK, I know that
> Rovaniemi is quite far from HEL...but HEL area has lakes too..:-))).

Yes in north of Finland(Rovaniemi) there is more mosquitos than anything
else. *grin*

I live in Jyvaskyla(about 300km from HEL) in the middle of Finland. I'd
say you won't meet mosquitos in the city area. Because there is not much
moisture available. Mosquitos live places, where is much warm and
moisture. But I advise you to close windows by night or buy a mosquito
net info window or perhaps there is them already in Otaniemi.

-gnomeboy-

--
"Live your dreams, instead of dreaming about a life"