Re: Power5 server from IBM

On Tue, Jun 21, 2005 at 01:43:19AM +0300, Arto Teras wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> IBM will provide a Power5 based "OpenServer" server to DebConf. Apparently
> it'll be 4 CPUs and 8 GB RAM.
>
> They were interested to know who will be working on it and whether those
> people already have experience on Power5 architecture and/or the
> virtualization features of IBM hardware. They would like at least someone to
> participate in a training session before shipping the server to us. The
> training could be already next week so most non-Finns are probably not here
> yet. Who wants to participate and what time(s) would be suitable?
>
> I can gather the info and pass forwards to Arsi Kortesniemi who is the local
> contact at IBM Finland concerning this server.

I'll give training on this kind of servers for IBM Spain when I come
back from holidays. I have some printed info [1] about them and would
really like to try them out as soon as possible. Since I'll be arriving
quite soon (I'll be there on June 30th), maybe I could attend some
light training/informative session on July 1st (which is next week :)

Regards,

Alberto

[1] IBM's OpenPOWER Hands-on Workshop and HAL's Unofficial Guide to
POWER5 Linux Virtualization. (Just the docs)

--
Alberto Gonzalez Iniesta    | Formación, consultoría y soporte técnico
agi@(inittab.org|debian.org)| en GNU/Linux y software libre

Key fingerprint = 9782 04E7 2B75 405C F5E9  0C81 C514 AF8E 4BA4 01C3