Next steps

Hey people,

great work and congratulations on being the Chose One for DebConf16.
Or should I say "I am so sorry!"??? ;)

If I may suggest — and really, please feel free to tell me to shut
up as I am not trying to impose, just to help…

If I may suggest, then one of the next things to think about would
be how you plan to organise DebConf legally/organisationally. Who
will sign potential contracts with the venue? Who will receive
payments from local sponsors and how do you plan to handle money
from attendees for the conference and room&board?

I suppose all of this should also be regarded in the context of
international sponsors and payments, as well as possibly constraints
our existing entities might have. Can US-based SPI Inc. help us?
Would maybe Canonical be able to receive money for us and transfer
it to SA?

And while I'm at it: if in any way possible, then the best way would
be to let the venue handle payments. I.e. try to avoid cash as much
as possible, and requiring people to pay before getting a key and
badge means not having to run after them. Just something to keep in
mind when entering negotiations with the venue and thinking about
the logistics of things.

Let the fun times begin!

Did I say that THIS IS VERY EXCITING?

: :'  :  DebConf orga team