Sponsors

We need to start reaching out to sponsors. There are many non-local
regular DebConf sponsors, but funding the conference usually requires
a reasonable amount of local sponsorship.

I think we should go after the usual Cape Town suspects:
http://scaleconf.org/sponsors/
https://github.com/scaleconf/scaleconf.github.com/tree/post-2013/sponsors
https://github.com/scaleconf/scaleconf.github.com/blob/2012-final/sponsors.html

http://2013.za.pycon.org/sponsors/
http://2012.za.pycon.org/sponsors.html

Flying a couple of hundred people to Cape Town is going to be rather
expensive. Maybe we should talk to airlines?

For past Wikimania bids, we got some interest from local government.
Maybe that's worth pursuing... Government sponsorship tends to be hard
to get, hard to use, hard to lock in, and generally unreliable, but they
do have lots of money to spend.

SR

--
Stefano Rivera