Minutes: IRC Meeting 2014-10-07

Herewith, minutes of the IRC Meeting on 2014-10-07, discussing the venue
visits from 6 & 7 Oct.

=== Venues ===

We've visited almost all the venues on our list, took pictures, ranked
them according to [[PriorityList]], and narrowed down to our favourites:

1. UCT Breakwater Campus. Self-contained, with affordable quality hotel
   rooms, right in the heart of the V&A Waterfront, a popular tourist
   destination, with many restaurants and bars. Debian Day may have to
   be held elsewhere.
2. UCT Chemical Engineering Building, on Upper Campus. With
   accommodation in University dorms, and possibly plenaries in Leslie,
   which has bigger lecture theatres.
3. Protea Hotel in Technopark. Self-contained, large enough, but fairly
   remote. Half an hour's drive from the city.

But really, almost all the venues we saw were suitable. We have options.

PriorityList: https://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/PriorityList
Venues: https://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/DebConf16/Bids/Cape_Town#Venues_being_investigated
Pictures: https://gallery.debconf.org/main.php?g2_itemId=61707

=== Dates ===

We suggested ~10-20 August to venues, but want to hear their cheapest
dates. UCT Upper Campus can only happen in Vac (1 Jun - 17 Jul).

=== Next Steps ===

Complete the [[LocationChecklist]] for our preferred venues, and get
quotes.

LocationChecklist: https://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/LocationCheckList

Full log:
https://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/DebConf16/Bids/Cape_Town/Minutes/2014-10-07#Full_log

There was also a small planning meeting on 2014-10-04, which hasn't had
published minutes (and doesn't seem to need them)
https://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/DebConf16/Bids/Cape_Town/Minutes/2014-10-04

SR

--
Stefano Rivera