Past DebConfs, what you need to know

There have been some DebConfs in the past. They're all documented on the
DebConf Wiki [0]

[0]: https://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/Previous_Debian_Conferences

After the conference (usually about a year later) the conference team
puts out a report. These give us a pretty good idea of what we need to
do. Expected drop-out rates, issues encountered, sponsorship levels,
etc. Find the reports in the debconf-data family of git repos [1].
Many of the working documents (budgets, etc.) can also be found here.

[1]: http://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/debconf-data

On that topic, if you don't have an account on alioth [2], go and create
one [3]. You'll need it to push to any Debian git repos.

[2]: https://alioth.debian.org/
[3]: https://alioth.debian.org/account/register.php

For attendee numbers, I'd look at DebConf 12 in Nicaragua. It was fairly
out of the way (although close to North America), and so had a lower
attendance. I'd expect something similar for us.

SR

--
Stefano Rivera
  http://tumbleweed.org.za/