DebConf24 registration and Call for Papers (CfP) are open!

Hello,

It is that time of year again: The time of year where you brush up the
topics you have been working on for Debian, and decide what do you
want to share with our global family!

As you are most probably aware, we will be celebrating DebConf in
Busan, South Korea, between July 28 and August 4 this year; before it,
we will have our usual DebCamp, between July 20 and 27.

Several issues have introduced delays this year. We wanted to open
registrations quite earlier, but we can finally announce that...

    REGISTRATION IS OPEN

    CALL FOR PAPERS IS OPEN

Everybody that wants to attend DebConf24 should register in the
DebConf24 website¹, by clicking on "Register" in the profile section
(or in the main page's body):

    ¹ https://debconf24.debconf.org/

If you want to submit a talk or activity proposal, you need to
first register as an attendee, then you will be able to submit your
proposals.

As always, basic registration for DebConf is free of charge for
attendees. If you are attending the conference in a professional
capacity or as a representative of your company, we kindly ask that
you consider registering in one of our paid categories² to help cover
the costs of organizing the conference and to support subsidizing
other community members.

    ² https://debconf24.debconf.org/about/registration/

Please keep in mind we encourage eligible individuals to apply for a
diversity bursary. Travel, food, and accommodation bursaries are
available. More details can be found on the bursary info page³.

    ³ https://debconf24.debconf.org/about/bursaries/

We know the following dates are somewhat rushed, and apologize for
that. Please keep in mind the following dates (further details
available⁴):

    ⁴ https://debconf24.debconf.org/schedule/important-dates/

- 2024.05.01: Contacting the visa team in case the country issuing
  your passport requires a visa to enter South Korea

- 2024.05.08: Last date to apply for a bursary (to request Debian to
  cover your travel, accomodation or food costs)

- 2024.06.07: Last day to register with guaranteed "swag"

If your company, university or organization is interested, DebConf24
will also be very happy to accept it as a sponsor! Please contact the
DebConf Sponsors team <sponsors@debconf.org> or, for further
information, visit our "Become a Sponsor" page⁵.

    ⁵ https://debconf24.debconf.org/sponsors/become-a-sponsor/

Hope to see you all in Busan in July!

    On behalf of the DebConf24 organization team,
    - Gunnar Wolf.

Links mentioned:

  ¹ DebConf24 website:
    https://debconf24.debconf.org/