DebConf23 Daily Announcement mail - 3rd September 2023

Dear DebConf23 attendees,

Welcome to DebCamp! We can generally be found on the second floor at
the moment.

Much of the interaction at DebConf happens on IRC (Internet Relay Chat,
the classic among the chat protocols). If you're familiar with IRC,
we're on #debconf on OFTC. If you are not yet familiar with it, you can
join us via the webchat link:
https://webchat.oftc.net/?channels=#debconf

Front Desk is unfortunately not yet open. Once we are fully equipped to
check you in, we will be delighted to meet you!

We strongly encourage taking a Covid test upon arrival. Tests will be
available at Front Desk, and can be administered by an organiser if you
do not wish to self-administer.

Hotel check-in starts at 3 PM. You may exceptionally be able to access
your room from noon onwards, but as a general rule, check-in is from 3
PM onwards.

SIM Cards will be available today in the afternoon from 3pm on the
second floor. There will be a representative from Airtel with us, as
mentioned in the welcome mail. You will need your passport to get the
SIM.

Tea and coffee (already prepared, with milk) is available at the end of
the hallway on the second floor from 11:00 to 11:30, and from 16:00 (4
PM) to 16:30 today. Times may change for subsequent days.

The garden at the end of the corridor, opposite the videoteam room,
it's available to us on weekdays after 18:00 (6 PM) and on Sundays. At
other times, it will be occupied by other people.

Dinner will be served at the Eatery near the Lobby (3rd floor) today,
as will tomorrow's breakfast.

Water dispensers are available in the hallway on the second floor. They
give out hot (for tea and instant coffee), cold, and room-temperature
water. We strongly encourage to use water from the dispensers instead
of using bottled water. If you would also like to avoid using water in
plastic bottles in your room, you can request filtered water in glass
bottles instead.

Speaking of water: please watch out in the hotel room bathrooms, as the
floors may be slippery.

--

Best Regards,

Anupa for Registration team.